Thursday 15 October 2015

One step forward, two steps back... aka clusterf*ck.

I'm not dead... so there's that.  Yay looking on the positive side of things.

I woke up this morning with a very important realization... (thank you dream!)

I have been screwing up my medication for the past 2 weeks.

I was supposed to go from 50, to 40 to 30... and be on 30mg/day this week, for my prednisone.

I went from 50 to 20 to 15, because the pills I somehow got into my head (I don't know HOW, I've been taking them as to "top ups" since the beginning) were 10mgs are actually 5mgs.  I KNOW prednisone doesn't exist in 10s.  I've told people that.  I know that I have a bottle full of 5s... I used them when I was on 120mg to make up the 20, 80 and 60 to make up the difference between the 50s and it... yet somehow when I dropped below 50, my brain decided that 4 of them equalled 40 and 3 of them equalled 30.

On the plus side of things (other than not being dead, because apparently dropping off so quickly when you've been on a high dose for so long can be super dangerous), my random high blood pressure, random weird blood sugars I've been having super high morning blood sugars that just randomly started at the end of last week, and I've had days where I've gone from 6.0 to 24.3 to 4.6... my body doesn't know what it's doing.  I also have been exhausted all the time, even sleeping 12 or 14hrs isn't enough, and I have been extremely forgetful... more so than normal, and to the point it was causing me concern.

My doctor who is on maternity leave right now had me come into her office shortly after I called to say "what do I do??" (I emailed my nurse when I woke up and she suggested I call the doctor's office first to see if there was a way to get ahold of her).   I got blood work done as well, and I think they may have blown my vein.  It really hurts still and they didn't get blood out of it.

Essentially though, I wasted the last 2 weeks, because I go back on 40mg tomorrow, and then start the tapering schedule all over again (because clearly my body is not okay with the fast taper)

I also now have to be careful of my blood pressure because it might try to regulate itself, and I'm on medication to help lower your blood pressure... so I could get lows.

Ahh.

This is such an interesting journey.

On the fun side of things, I wrote a guest blog for a local tea company that has AMAZING teas.  It was really fun.  I like doing tea reviews :D

No comments:

Post a Comment