Wednesday 30 September 2015

The Guilt

I logically acknowledge that the guilt I feel is ridiculous... it doesn't stop me from feeling it though.

I feel guilty that I'm not doing as much as I used to do.

I feel guilty when I take the time to go to yoga, or aquafit.

I feel guilty when I take the time to take care of myself.

I feel guilty for spending more money on healthy food.

I feel guilty when I need to sleep in a bit longer.

I feel guilty when I don't have the energy to do something I want to do.

I feel guilty when I miss out on things I want to do, because I can't do them.

The psych and diversity & social justice student in me wants to analyze the reasons why I feel guilty... but I think it just all comes down to the fact that we live in a society where you're seen as selfish if you do things for yourself.

Sometimes it's okay to be selfish.   It's easy for me to tell other people that, and believe that for other people... it's harder for me to believe that for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment