Wednesday 14 May 2014

Thankful

I'm thankful that I have MS.

It's not cancer.

It's not a seizure disorder.

I don't think I could handle either of those.  There are people that are so strong, that can stay positive throughout cancer.  There are people that are strong and learn to adapt to having a seizure disorder.   I honestly don't think I'm strong in the same way.  I'm strong enough to live with MS.  When I got diagnosed it was a relief because I was absolutely terrified I had cancer.

I know people who have cancer.   They are some of the strongest people I have ever met.  Their positivity radiates, and I know, even when they're absolutely terrified, they're still strong.

Two people I know have been diagnosed with cancer in the past year.  Both in their 20s, both with rare cancers.  One was diagnosed late, and unfortunately isn't going to make it, but he fought hard and was positive throughout, he didn't let fear destroy him.  The other one has a hard battle ahead of them, but it's early stage, with a decently good prognosis, and I know they can fight it.  They're one of the strongest, take no bullshit people I've ever met, and I know they won't take any shit from cancer.

We all have moments of insecurity and fear, which is why support systems are important.  Those people remind you how strong you are, how fucking badass you are.

We all have our own battles to fight... some people just have to fight harder at times.


No comments:

Post a Comment