Thursday 10 April 2014

What's that word again?

Sometimes I don't get out of bed until 9 or 10am.
It's not because I'm lazy.
I sometimes wish it was.
It's not because I don't want to.
It's because I can't.
Sometimes when I wake up,
My body decides that it has more control over me,
Than I do over it.

Sometimes I speak really fast.
It's not because I'm trying to get something over with,
or that I'm trying to be confusing.
It's because when I slow down,
When I let my brain think
I lose words
I lose thoughts.
They're not actually lost...
They just don't want to come out.

Sometimes I take the elevator.
Not to get some place quicker.
Not to avoid the stairs.
But because the pain in my legs is too much.
Two flights of stairs seems like 200.

Sometimes my mind is foggy
Words don't come out right
Numbers don't make sense
I can't think straight
I feel like all the knowledge
I've gained in the worlds
Has disappeared under a cloud of grey

Sometimes I type words incorrectly
Not because I'm not paying attention,
But because my fingers and brain,
Don't seem to be communicating.

Sometimes I remember who I used to be,
A person in the distant path,
That doesn't seem like me at all.

Sometimes I am absolutely terrified of the future.
Sometimes I'm not though.
I'm thankful for everything I have
I am grateful that I'm alive.
I am hopeful about the opportunities in life,
that I have been given.

Sometimes the hard things overwhelm me...
but most of the time I am happy with the life I have,
even though it means constantly changing and adapting.
I am stronger, I am more focused on happiness.
I live in the moment, because even if you're healthy,
you never know what life will bring.


Stay Healthy,
Elyse


No comments:

Post a Comment