Saturday 6 February 2016

A little update

I haven't updated in awhile.  I'm not sure what to say.

I'm still looking at at least 4 more months before being off prednisone... but it's been "2 more months, 3 more months, blah blah blah" since August, so who knows.

I started Celexa again.  The first two weeks were absolute hell. The first week especially.  I was insanely nauseated all of the time.  Now I only get it at night, and if I take gravol at bedtime, it mostly helps.

I think I expected too much.  I wanted to feel like I felt last year on it.  I don't. I'm wondering if the fact I was also on Gabapentin for a good chunk of that time helped.  Last year it got rid of the anxiety, and dread, and I looked forward to things. Now I just feel... melancholy. Or maybe apathetic is a better term. Whichever it is, it makes it hard to get out of bed and do things. It's not depression though... well, not like I had before. Dread and anxiety about the future have turned into... complacency. So I guess we're moving in the right direction?

I went for lunch with some friends today.  It was really nice.  I didn't feel overwhelmed at all, which usually going out causes me to feel lately.  We went for a little walk downtown after and I got a smoothie at the juice place that just reopened.  It was nice to be social :)


No comments:

Post a Comment