Sunday 7 August 2011

Introduction

So I finally decided to start a blog.  I have been toying with the idea for several months.

My name is Elyse.  I am a Certified Nutritionist. I have also studied Western Herbalism, Chinese Nutrition and Chinese Herbalism.  In Fall of 2012 I will be pursuing a degree in Nutraceuticals.  I love the science of nutrition.  I love how all vitamins and minerals play an important role in our bodies and am excited to go more in depth in my studies.  I work as a Regional Sales Representative for an all natural laundry detergent company.  I am also a nanny for 2 vegetarian boys and work in a pharmacy.  My wide array of jobs have lead me to encounter many diverse experiences when it comes to nutrition and health.

My biggest annoyance in life is people who seem to think that nutrition has no importance, even though science will tell you otherwise.  My other biggest annoyance is people who treat nutrition and natural health care as a cult.   You will likely hear some rants about that....   Keep your "Drink The Grape Kool aid" away from my nutrition! (it was technically Flavor-Aid not Kool Aid... both of them are gross though)

I am a big believer of better safe than sorry... If there have been clinical studies to show that something is bad, and clinical studies that show it's inconclusive... I air on the side of caution and avoid them.  I will share this information with you.

All the opinions expressed in this blog are my own, most are based on science, some are based on people driving me crazy, and some are based on really cool things I have come across.   Anything I mention isn't meant as an endorsement of a product, or a boycotting of a product to anyone else... (so don't sue me!)

I am also definitely willing to answer any questions people have!  My specialization was in vitamin and mineral deficiencies, as well as psychosomatic disorders, but I have a fairly broad range of knowledge.

I guess this is the end of my intro post... stay tuned for more interesting updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment